Courgette spaghetti; courgetti, is a revelation and a fantastic food for diet days. Simply shred a courgette with a peeler, quickly fry and then serve in a sauce of your choice. It’s quicker to cook than pasta, low carb and much, much tastier than zero pasta (a diet pasta substitute). One large courgette is enough to make a big bowl of spaghetti and has only 36 calories. Try it with this delicious pea pesto.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- In a sauté pan, cook the garlic clove in the olive oil on a medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor, including the garlic and olive oil. Add about a tbsp of water.
- Pulse the mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Enjoy on top of courgette noodles.