Combine oatmeal and pancakes for the perfect start to your day. Rolled oats give these pancakes a hearty, nutty flavour. Serve your oatmeal pancakes with butter and maple syrup or powdered sugar and bananas.
- 30g Porridge Oats
- 4 chopped brazil nuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp of Bio yoghurt
- 1 tsp of Manuka Honey
- 1 tsp of Hazelnut oil
- 1 egg
- 60ml of coconut milk
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Heat the nut oil in a frying pan until hot
- Mix in a bowl the porridge oats with the coconut milk, egg and chopped nuts until it’s a thick paste
- Pour the mixture into the pan to form a medium thick pancake
- Put a lid on the frying pan to allow the top of the pancake to cook as well as the bottom
- Leave to cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooked
- Add any topping you fancy, fresh berries or banana and a little bit of bacon works well.
If you want to make this recipe extra soothing, mix 2 tbsp of Slippery Elm into the batter, it soothes the digestive tract.
Shani Shaker BA (hons), dipION, mBANT, CNHC, is a registered nutritional therapist with a focus on regenerative and functional nutrition, disordered eating, addiction and mental health. Based in London her services include one-to-one coaching, group classes and Skype sessions. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org